Honda Optimate 3 Automatic 5 stage Battery charger
The most TRUSTED battery charger in power sports! The only one American Honda puts its name on.
OptiMate 3, the all-in-one tool for 12V battery care at home. Diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains, automatically. The latest version of OptiMate 3 retains all easy-to-use characteristics of the over 2 million OptiMates produced since 1995, but is now lighter and more efficient than ever. The OptiMate 3 recovers sulphated batteries and then tests after charging. The maintenance program delivers only what the battery needs, never overcharges, never undercharges.
- CHARGING AMPS : 0.8A (constant current)
- USE : Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4°F / -20°C).
- SAVE : Low Volt Start of 2V + 2 step desulphation recovery.
- IDEAL FOR : STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries from 3 – 50Ah.
- INPUT : Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.
- STYLE : Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. Weatherproof battery lead & standard battery clip set included.
SAFE: No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected. 3-year limited replacement warranty.
OptiMate 3 desulfater-charger saves neglected, deep discharged batteries other smart chargers can’t!
It will safely maintain your vehicle’s battery during long term storage.
Hook up the battery and OptiMate immediately checks if the battery is sulfated or not. If it is, OptiMate applies ‘first aid’ in the form of a voltage of up to 20V** at low current for up to 2 hours, to recover the battery so it can again accept a charge. It then ‘bulk’ (constant current) charges the battery, the starting stage if no sulfation was detected.
There-after the unique ‘verification’ (pulsing charge & check) stage provides low voltage desulfating care and tops off the charge.
OptiMate then tests & confirms whether the battery can retain sufficient charge to crank an engine before it engages long term maintenance mode. During maintenance it “floats & tests” 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off, so the battery is always 100% ready, but never overcharged.
**The OptiMate’s high voltage desulfation mode cannot engage if vehicle electronics / wiring are sensed, so to effectively desulfate a battery, it must be disconnected from the vehicle wiring.
- Recommended for all 12V lead-acid batteries from 3Ah to 50Ah, although it can also maintain larger batteries (it will just take longer to charge).
- Approved by ITS to UL & CSA safety standards for battery chargers.